To Setup the App please ensure to keep these credentials ready:-
- Shopify Store
- Google Logins details
- GTM Account
- Extension Setup
Here are the steps to set up the GTM Assistant app for your Shopify store:
- 1. Installation:
- Visit the Shopify app store.
- Search for the "Google Assistant" app.
- Click "Install."
- Choose your store and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Your app has been installed successfully.
- 2. Google Login:
- After the app installation is complete, click the Google login button.
- Choose your Google account to log in.
- 3. Google Tag Manager:
- After logging in with your Google account, the GTM Assistant app will automatically link to the GTM account associated with that Google login.
- 4. Extension Setup
- Upon successful installation and GA4 setup, store owners will have access to the default "Purchase Event."
- To track additional events like View Item, View Item List, View Cart, Select Item, Add to Cart, and Begin Checkout, an upgrade and purchase of a plan is required.
By following these steps, you'll have successfully set up the GTM Assistant app for your Shopify store, allowing you to efficiently track and manage events on your online store.