GTM ASSISTANT SHOPIFY APP
A Google Tag Manager Shopify App helps you install and configure Google Tag Manager (GTM) on your Shopify store, enabling you to install Facebook Pixel, Google Ads and GA4 for ECommerce Tracking. With the GTM App, you can easily manage and deploy tracking codes and code snippets without editing your site's code or requiring assistance from your developer for Google Analytics, Google Ads and Meta Pixel.
The main aim of creating the GTM Assistant app is to make things easier and more reliable. Unlike other apps that require manual setups, which can lead to mistakes and problems, our app automates the whole process.
Sometimes, with manual setups, people accidentally link GTM to one account and GA4 to another. This causes issues and makes the setup not work properly. But with our GTM Assistant app, we've made it super simple. With just one click, users can connect the app to both their GTM and GA4 accounts. This eliminates any chance of mix-ups or mistakes.
Our app makes sure that GTM and GA4 work together smoothly and without any problems. This way, users can confidently use these important tools without any hassle.
a. Automatic process
Here are the steps, simplified:
- 1. Start by logging into your Google account with your correct username and password. This is your first step.
- 2. Connect your Google Tag Manager (GTM) account. You'll need to pick your specific GTM account and its matching GTM container. It is important to link your Google account with the GTM Assistant app.
- 3. Boost your analytics abilities by effortlessly installing Google Analytics. Just click "One Click Install" and your GA4 account will start installing. Remember, you need to already have a GA4 account and the right data stream/property set up.
- 4. Once GA4 is successfully installed you'll have access to the Purchase tag. This tag is super helpful for store owners as it lets them keep track of customer orders and purchases in their online store.
By following these easy steps, you'll set up a smoother analytics experience, making sure your Google account, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics work together seamlessly.
The GTM Assistant app provides 7 useful events for better tracking on your store: View Item, View Item List, View Cart, Purchase, Select Item, Add to Cart, and Begin Checkout.Here are the events explained:
- 1. View Item:
- This event occurs when a visitor looks at a specific product page.
- 2. View Item List:
- This event is triggered when visitors browse through a list of products.
- 3. View Cart:
- When a visitor goes to the cart page, the view cart event is activated.
- 4. Purchase:
- This event happens when a visitor successfully completes a purchase.
- 5. Select Item:
- When a visitor chooses a product from a list of products, the select item event is triggered.
- 6. Add to Cart:
- This event takes place when a visitor adds a product to their shopping cart.
- 7. Begin Checkout:
- When a visitor starts the checkout process by clicking the checkout button, the begin checkout event is initiated.
These events help track and understand visitor interactions on a website, providing valuable insights for improving the user experience and optimizing conversions. For detailed information on Events, click here.
The GTM Assistant app provides 7 useful events for better tracking on your store: View Item, View Item List, View Cart, Purchase, Select Item, Add to Cart, and Begin Checkout.
- Free Event: The "Purchase" event comes at no cost. It activates automatically after a successful GA4 installation, allowing you to track customer purchases without any extra charge.
- Paid Events: The other 6 events (View Item, View Item List, View Cart, Select Item, Add to Cart, and Begin Checkout) can be accessed by upgrading your app through a purchasing plan.
- After the upgrade, you'll be able to use these extra tracking events to monitor different aspects of your store's performance effectively.
- To make these upgraded events work seamlessly with your online store, you'll need to activate the theme extension within the app.
- This approach gives you the flexibility to choose the tracking capabilities that suit your needs best. It also provides a clear path to enhance your tracking options through the app's upgrade features.
Theme App Extension in Shopify: Shopify makes it easy to add custom code to your theme without altering your store's design. This is done through a feature called "Theme App Extension". With a theme app extension, developers can improve both the functionality and look of a Shopify theme.
Enabling Theme App Extension: Before you can start using the theme app extension, the store owner will need to upgrade the app. Once that's done, you'll have access to all the events for tracking.
The requirements for setting up and using the GTM Assistant App for your Shopify store, presented in a clear and concise manner:
- a. Shopify Store:
- The GTM Assistant is a Shopify app, so having an active Shopify store is a must. This app seamlessly integrates with Shopify, making it easy to track events and streamline the implementation of tracking and analytics tools. It provides valuable insights for optimizing your Shopify store's performance and enhancing the overall customer experience.
- b. Google Account:
- To get started with the GTM Assistant App, you'll need a Google account. Logging in with your Google credentials ensures authorized access, enhancing security while making it convenient to manage your tag management settings.
- c. GTM Account (Google Tag Manager):
- A Google Tag Manager (GTM) account is required to utilize the GTM Assistant App effectively. With a GTM account, you can remotely access and control your tag configurations, triggers, and variables through the Assistant App. This feature makes it a valuable tool for on-the-go tag management and monitoring of your online presence.
- d. Google Analytics 4 Account/Shopify Site Domain Configuration:
- To install Google Analytics 4 (GA4), you'll need a GA4 account. During setup, you'll create a data stream and provide property details such as name, time zone, and currency. Additionally, you'll include specific business information like type, objective, platform, and your Shopify store URL. This is essential for property creation and effective tracking of your Shopify store's performance.
- e. Unified Account:
- For a successful setup in the GTM Assistant app, it's crucial to use a single Google account. This means that the same Google login is used for both the GTM account and the GA4 account. This unified configuration process ensures a seamless experience.
- f. Facebook Account:
- To install a Meta pixel through the GTM Assistant app, you'll need a Facebook Business account. This account empowers businesses to create and manage their advertising assets, including the Meta pixel, which tracks user interactions on their website. Connecting your Facebook Business account to the GTM Assistant app allows you to effortlessly implement tracking tags, gather valuable data, and optimize your advertising efforts on Facebook.
- g. Google Ads Account:
- Having a Google Ads account is essential for using Google Ads within the GTM Assistant app. This requirement allows you to set up and configure conversion tracking tags within Google Ads. Integration with Google Ads enables you to effectively monitor the performance of your Google Ads campaigns, track conversions, and make data-driven decisions to optimize your advertising efforts. By meeting these requirements, you'll be well-equipped to harness the full potential of the GTM Assistant App for your Shopify store, enhancing your ability to track, analyze, and optimize your online presence.
- h. Twitter Pixel Account:
- Having a Twitter Ads account is essential for utilizing the Twitter Ads features within the GTM Assistant app. This requirement empowers you to seamlessly establish and customize conversion tracking tags tailored for Twitter Ads. Integration with Twitter Ads provides you with the capability to closely monitor the performance of your Twitter advertising campaigns, track conversions, and make informed decisions based on valuable data insights. By meeting these prerequisites, you'll be well-prepared to harness the full potential of the GTM Assistant App for your Shopify store, enhancing your ability to monitor, analyze, and optimize your online presence.
By meeting these requirements, you'll be well-equipped to harness the full potential of the GTM Assistant App for your Shopify store, enhancing your ability to track, analyze, and optimize your online presence.